3 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, Big Blue Nation! The Wildcats righted the ship with a 21-point win against Eastern Kentucky Wednesday — maybe. Coach John Calipari wasn’t all smiles after the game. Let’s get to it.
Here are three things to know:
- After the Eastern Kentucky game, Coach Cal came right out with it: “We’re the most inexperienced team in the country and we show it.”
- Still, Kentucky won, 88-67.
- The president of the NCAA is not a fan of the one-and-done rule at all.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- From the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale: See where Kentucky ranks in terms of paying its assistant coaches from USA Today’s database.
- Hale sat down with former Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles, who shed some light on why he’s transferring.
- Big Blue Insider has a new podcast out, covering a medley of topics.
- The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker has Calipari’s full postgame conference on video.
- Get up to speed on Wednesday’s victory — including Alex Poythress’ big night — from the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jerry Tipton.
The best stories around the SEC
- Read the emails that went on behind the scenes as LSU decided whether or not to fire Les Miles.
- Alabama is getting some recruiting help from one of its own commits.
- LSU’s Leonard Fournette addressed the media Wednesday and shared his thoughts about not being a Heisman finalist.
- There’s a 2016 mock NFL draft up. More than 30 SEC players are in it.
- Auburn has already lost defensive coordinator Will Muschamp to South Carolina. Now there’s a report out there saying the Tigers could lose their offensive coordinator to Tulane.