4 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
There are plenty of reasons for Kentucky fans to be excited this week.
The basketball team is No. 1 in the nation and the football team takes on Louisville to cap the season.
It’s a big homestand for the Wildcats in football. They can become bowl eligible if they beat the Cardinals. As for hoops, the Cats continue to look unstoppable.
Here are four things to know:
- The Wildcats basketball team improved to 5-0 with a win over Boston University
- Kentucky’s basketball team isn’t getting caught up in being ranked No. 1, according to 247Sports.com reporter Alex Forkner.
- The Wildcats wrapped up practice on a cold Tuesday. Here are some notes, per 247Sports.com reporter Alex Forkner.
- Kentucky is in hot pursuit of a top-flight offensive lineman from the Midwest.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Kentucky is drawing strong interest from a football prospect in Tennessee. The Wildcats may even have the inside track, per 247Sports.com reporter Josh Edwards.
- Former Kentucky standout and NBA star Anthony Davis gives back, per 247Sports.com’s Michael Bohlin.
The best stories around the SEC
- The SEC was well represented in the College Football Playoff ranking.
- It’s still possible for two SEC teams to make the four-team College Football Playoff. Here’s how.
- Alabama hasn’t challenged Clemson for the No. 1 spot, according to the College Football Playoff committee.
- Former Heisman winner Bo Jackson shared his thoughts on who should win the Heisman this year.
- Former South Carolina QB Connor Shaw used Twitter to challenge the Gamecocks.