Kentucky is off this week, but the Wildcats will face Auburn less than a week from today. They will welcome the Tigers to Commonwealth Stadium on Oct. 15.
- The Wildcats will wear blue against Auburn next Thursday on national TV. Although there was speculation Kentucky would pull out the black uniforms, it is officially a blue-out. The Wildcats expect the Big Blue Nation to rep blue as well.
- Flashback Friday: Kentucky upset Auburn in 2009. The Wildcats pulled out a 21-14 victory over the Tigers when Randall Cobb scored on a 4-yard run with 3:17 left in the game.
- Expect traffic for next week’s game. Lexington is expecting loads of traffic for Kentucky’s first weeknight home game in 76 years. Traffic for the Auburn game is expected to collide with the usual weekday rush hour traffic.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Jennifer Smith of Kentuckysports.com covered Patrick Towles’ family history of being the spotlight. His grandfather, who is a former U.S. senator and Hall of Fame pitcher, often offers the quarterback sound advice.
- SB Nation’s James Streble laid out exactly what the Wildcats need to focus on during their bye week before competing against Auburn.
- Warren Taylor from SB Nation recapped what D.J. Eliot had to say after practice Wednesday about Kentucky’s defense. There are a couple of young players who stand out.
Best stories around the SEC
- SEC coaches among highest paid in country
- South Carolina relief: Vanderbilt fills two trucks with bottled water
- Throwback Thursday: Barry Lunney leads Arkansas to first-ever win over Alabama
- Tennessee player tweets love for Volunteers after Butch Jones rumors
- Alabama makes kind gesture to local family after father’s death
— Kentucky Athletics (@UKAthletics) October 8, 2015