3 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Kentucky was idle on Saturday, but will host Auburn on Thursday in its first mid-week game in 76 years.
Here are three things you need to know heading into this week.
- Linebacker Nico Firios had season-ending surgery. Firios sustained a shoulder injury that forced him to miss the games against Florida and Missouri. He had one tackle this season.
- Tickets were available for Thursday’s game, as of Saturday night. The lowest price is $78 and is located in Section 202 of Commonwealth Stadium.
- Coach Mark Stoops visited a recruit. Stoops and offensive line coach John Schlarman were at recruit Drake Jackson’s high school game. Jackson is a four-star recruit who has committed to Kentucky.
Other Kentucky news around the Internet
- Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote that Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles is learning to deal with scrutiny.
- 247sports.com Josh Edwards wrote that Kentucky offered a scholarship to recruit Amir Riep. He is the No. 33 rated safety, according to 247sports.com.
Best stories around the SEC
- Georgia coach Mark Richt said running back Nick Chubb’s injury may not require surgery
- Alabama player tweets about “drunk” fans at halftime
- LSU star Leonard Fournette wants to auction off jersey to help South Carolina flood victims
I'd like to thank my friends and family for their support through my surgery. It means more than you know! See y'all in spring ball!
— Nico Firios (@NicoFirios) October 11, 2015