3 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
It’s just hours until showtime.
Kentucky hosts Auburn at 7 p.m. (ESPN) today, the first midweek home game for the Wildcats in 76 years. Heading into kickoff, here are three things every Kentucky fan needs to know.
- Defensive tackle C.J. Johnson could return. Coach Mark Stoops said there’s a chance Johnson will be available tonight. Johnson, who has 30 tackles in the past two games, suffered an ankle injury earlier this week.
- Tight end C.J. Conrad is on Mackey Watch List. The John Mackey Award honors the nation’s top tight end. Conrad, who has three catches and a touchdown, is one of two freshmen on the list.
- Wildcats staying in hotel today. Stoops is taking no chances to disrupt the focus of his players. Kentucky players won’t have class today and will have meetings and walkthroughs in a nearby hotel.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Campusrush.com’s Zac Ellis wrote that Stoops and quarterback Patrick Towles are the keys for Kentucky’s resurgence.
- Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote today’s game offers the Wildcats a chance to make a statement in the SEC.
- Aseaofblue.com’s Alex Scutchfield wrote that Kentucky’s season has been a strange and successful adventure.
Other stories from around the SEC
- Missouri continues trend of showing support for South Carolina flood victims
- Presidential candidate asked to modify logo that resembles “SEC” emblem
- Florida QB Will Grier’s dad writes essay about PED violation
— Wesley Sinor (@WesleySinor) October 14, 2015