3 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Good morning Kentucky fans! The Wildcats had a tough time against Mississippi State Saturday night in Starkville and return to Lexington after a 42-16 loss.
The Wildcats fell to 4-3 overall and 2-3 in the SEC.
Here are three things to know:
- One bright spot in a game the Wildcats otherwise are ready to forget was a new career milestone for sophomore running back Stanley “Boom” Williams. Williams now has more than 1,000 career rushing yards to his name and is the 35th Kentucky player in history to accomplish that feat.
- The Wildcats had to deal with their fair share of injuries Saturday night. Sophomore cornerback Kendall Randolph exited in the first half, and wide receiver Garrett Johnson and left tackle Jordan Swindle both needed examining after the third quarter.
- In light of a tough day for the football team, the basketball team got some good news. Skal Labissiere has been declared eligible by the NCAA after his eligibility was investigated and under question.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Kentucky’s defense had no answer for Dak Prescott Saturday night, but it did snap his 288-pass streak without an interception.
- Here’s the video of the Mississippi State cheerleader that teased a Kentucky player Saturday night.
The best stories around the SEC
- Derek Mason got his first SEC win on Saturday, so he got an ice bath, too
- Former Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron took to Twitter to share his thoughts on Alabama beating Tennessee again
- A Tennessee fan lost a bet that made him wear a Lane Kiffin shirt
- The ending to the Georgia Tech-Florida State game Saturday night was absolutely insane