Only one more day until Kentucky takes on Auburn at Commonwealth Stadium. The city is anticipating a full crowd, so full that classes are even being canceled on Thursday.
Here’s all you need to know right before game day:
- Jordan Swindle will be back at offensive tackle this week after coming off of a groin injury and missing two games. However, linebacker Jordan Jones and defensive tackle Cory Johnson are still questionable because of injuries.
- Receiver Dorian Baker is confident the bye week gave the Wildcats time to gather themselves and heal before facing the Tigers. The sophomore had a 86 yards receiving against Eastern Kentucky and has a total of 276 yards for the season, but he intends to remain humble with Auburn approaching.
- Several faculty members have canceled classes due to the first Thursday night football game in Lexington since 1939. Parking has been heavily altered, so students are having trouble figuring out how they’re going to make it back to classes hours before Thursday’s game.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Jason Marcum with SB Nation revealed that the new depth chart for Auburn has Boom Williams back at No. 1 on the depth chart.
- Kentucky.com’s Mark Story pushes the fact that the Cats need a win on Thursday in order to let the SEC know they’re not the “same old Kentucky.”
- Boom Williams has had a great return for the Auburn game after sitting out against Eastern Kentucky, according to Kentucky.com’s Jennifer Smith.
Other stories from around the SEC
- Where does Steve Spurrier rank among the SEC’s all-time greats?
- Several key players will return for Ole Miss against Memphis
- Smoothie King store takes jab at Will Grier
UK gave up 235 yards a game rushing last season to SEC foes, but just 142 yards this year. Will that hold Thursday? http://t.co/oCDyxKgBi8
— Jen Smith (@jenheraldleader) October 13, 2015