Celebrate, Kentucky fans! The skid is over. Finally, after five long games, the Wildcats snapped their losing streak on the football field. On the hardwood, the basketball team is likely going to be the nation’s No. 1 team now that North Carolina has a loss. All is well in Lexington.
Here are 4 things to know:
- The Wildcats must beat Louisville this week to become bowl eligible. Louisville opened as the four-point favorite.
- The basketball team beat Wright State on Friday night, by 15 points.
- But after the game, coach John Calipari wasn’t too pleased with the way his Wildcats played.
- After he committed to Kentucky (basketball) instead of his home state Arkansas team, 5-star guard Malik Monk was booed in his next high school game.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- JoJo Kemp is peaking, and it’s doing big things for the Kentucky run game, the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith wrote.
- Check out Smith’s notes from after the game Saturday, when coach Mark Stops spoke on the crowd, his seniors and more.
- This time last year, Kentucky lost to Louisville to end its season. The Wildcats are hoping to flip the script this year and become bowl eligible, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote.
- Saturday was exactly what Stoops and the Wildcats were hoping for as they looked to regain some confidence, Hale wrote.
- Redshirt freshman quarterback Drew Barker made his first career start Saturday, starting instead of Patrick Towles. It went well, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Tim Sullivan wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Is the SEC still dominant or is its stock falling because of a rough season this year?
- Get caught up on your Heisman updates.
- According to one report, LSU Les Miles could be nearing the end of his time with the Tigers.
- There are several head coaching jobs open around the country but Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp isn’t looking into any of them.
- South Carolina freshman quarterback Lorenzo Nunez set the record straight, saying the only reason why he didn’t play against the Citadel was because of an injury.