Monday is in the rearview, and now only four days remain between you and a primetime matchup between Kentucky and Mississippi State. That may seem like an eternity, but don’t fret. We here at SEC Country understand your pain and offer relief in the form of carefully-crafted news about your Wildcats.
Here are 4 things to know:
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops confirmed on Monday that injured nose tackle Melvin Lewis will likely miss the remainder of the regular season. He did, however, hint that Lewis may not have played his last game for the Wildcats.
- A run play on Kentucky’s final drive of the Auburn loss has drawn criticism from fans and media alike. On Monday, Stoops defended the call and offered an explanation.
- The SEC announced a game time for Kentucky’s Halloween matchup against Tennessee.
- Basketball season cannot come soon enough for Kentucky, but to tide fans over, the program released a “Big Blue Madness” hype video.
More Kentucky news from around the Internet:
- Kentucky freshman point guard Isaiah Briscoe is determined to learn from Wildcats coach John Calipari and become a leader on the court for the nation’s No. 1 team.
The best stories around the SEC:
- Texas A&M was set to debut its new all-black uniforms on Halloween against South Carolina, but an announcement was made on Monday that presents a major problem.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban had an interesting comment on Monday about his team’s performance on the road.
- Some players can never catch a break. Such is the case with Mississippi State linebacker Dez Harris, who got the same bad news for the third time.