4 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Happy Tuesday, Kentucky fans! It’s the best part of the year — when football and basketball start to overlap — and that has Lexington busy. Coach Mark Stoops had a lot to say about his team’s loss to Mississippi State, and hoops coach John Calipari spoke about his own team on Monday, as well.
Here are four things to know:
- Kentucky plays Tennessee Saturday. The Vols are favored by a touchdown.
- The Wildcats could be without safety Darius West against Tennessee, but the three players who exited the game against Mississippi State with injuries are all likely to be back.
- Stoops took the blame for many of Kentucky’s downfalls against the Bulldogs. The Wildcats coach said he needs to communicate better.
- Alex Poythress is returning to the court from an ACL tear for his senior season. Coach Cal is challenging him to step up in a massive way.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- The Courier-Journal dives into what really happened in that frustrating second-quarter sequence Saturday night in Starkville.
- The Wildcats’ secondary is seeing some changes based on both injuries and performance, the Lexington Herald-Leader writes.
- Here’s the full transcript detailing everything Stoops had to say Monday in his press conference.
- Coach Calipari expects to learn a lot about his team Tuesday night in the Blue-White scrimmage, the Courier-Journal writes.
- In women’s basketball news, the Lexington Herald-Leader confirms that one of the program’s best players, Linnae Harper, is transferring.
The best stories around the SEC
- The Heisman trophy could be decided in two weeks, when LSU and Alabama square off
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott was compared to former NFL quarterback Steve McNair
- Catch up on what’s going on with Florida’s kicker situation
- For now, Leonard Fournette is still the Heisman favorite
- It’s been reported that a Tennessee offensive lineman is out for the year, but that’s news to his mom