4 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, Kentucky fans! With just two more days until game day, the football team has been hard at work trying to correct everything that went wrong against Mississippi State. The Wildcats will play host to Tennessee in Lexington on Saturday. Take a few minutes and catch up on your football and basketball news.
Here are four things to know:
- Power forward Harry Giles is high on many coaches’ list these days, and John Calipari’s is no exception. It’s been reported that Giles will make his college decision on Nov. 14.
- Get to know Kentucky’s newest commit, a quarterback with a unique, intense style.
- The Wildcats had trouble with Dak Prescott Saturday in Starkville. Tennessee boasts a quarterback and two running backs that present quite the challenges, as well.
- Sophomore defensive tackle Matt Elam is adjusting to his new role as a starter now that senior Melvin Lewis is out for the season.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Check out the Courier-Journal’s full practice report here.
- Karl-Anthony Towns is officially playing in the NBA now that the season has started. He reflected on his time at Kentucky this week.
- Backup quarterback Drew Barker hurt his shoulder Saturday against Mississippi State. In the event something happens to starter Patrick Towles, here’s what you need to know about the Wildcats’ backup options.
- How does Kentucky’s front court stack up? This writer thinks it’s the nation’s third best.
- Tyler Ulis put on a show Tuesday night in the Blue-White scrimmage. The sophomore welcomes the expectations set for him and the Wildcats this year.
The best stories around the SEC
- This Big 10 analyst doesn’t have a single SEC school in his College Football Playoff bracket
- The SEC West is as strong as ever, but the SEC East doesn’t boast the same level of competition
- Arkansas wide receiver JoJo Robinson is suffering the consequences for not going to class
- A former Missouri wide receiver is going to bat for coach Gary Pinkel on Twitter
- It’s not certain if Florida’s Antonio Callaway will be able to play against UGA