What’s up, Wildcats fans? Still on a high from Tuesday night in Chicago? Good news — Kentucky got yet another 5-star recruit yesterday. Coach John Calipari and his team are going to be stacked.
Here are four things to know:
- Malik Monk is the latest to pick the Wildcats for his collegiate basketball career. Monk is the nation’s No. 1 guard.
- One expert thinks this upcoming recruiting class is the best Calipari has ever had.
- We heard from Calipari and what he had to say about the game against Duke. Now, let’s see what Coach K had to say.
- Mark Stoops has been asked twice this week if his team’s slump takes a toll on his ability to recruit. Stoops seems to think that’s not the case.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Drew Barker is ready to take on a new leadership role as he steps into the starting quarterback position, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale wrote.
- Also from Hale, a practice report from Wednesday.
- Read everything defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot had to say after practice Wednesday. The Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith has the transcript.
- The Wildcats are hopeful that Drew Barker can help them with recruiting, Smith wrote.
- Learn more about Malik Monk and how his commitment to Kentucky comes as a surprise, from the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker.
The best stories around the SEC
- Nick Saban went on a crazy rant Wednesday evening.
- Les Miles doesn’t think Ole Miss’ atmosphere is something his Tigers should worry about this week.
- A Fox Sports analyst was very critical of the College Football Playoff committee Wednesday.
- Missouri’s athletic director spoke on what he is looking for in the Tigers’ next head coach.
- Could Steve Spurrier be heading back to South Carolina, but in a different role?