5-star Kentucky basketball target Harry Giles makes decision
It’s been a bittersweet week for Harry Giles, who tore his ACL on Tuesday night before making his college decision Friday morning.
Speaking live on ESPN, the 6-foot-10, 5-star power forward from basketball powerhouse Oak Hill Academy (Virginia) announced that he will begin his NCAA career at Duke.
247Sports.com ranks Giles as the country’s second-best player, and correctly predicted that he would not choose John Calipari’s Wildcats.
The site’s “crystal ball” had 96 percent faith in Duke, while giving the remaining 4 percent to Wake Forest.
Power forward is already a strength for Calipari; he’s received commitments from three players at that spot in 2016, including one — 4-star Tai Wynward — who’s expected to enroll in December.
Giles will be out until next year after partially tearing the ACL in his right knee.