John Calipari got the Wildcats back on track Tuesday night with a smooth win over Florida. The Hall of Fame coach also offered Erin Andrews some heartfelt support Monday night before she took the stand in court Tuesday. That and more highlight today’s batch of news. Happy Wednesday, Big Blue Nation.
Here are five things to know:
- A lineup “tweak” did the trick for the Wildcats in their win over the Gators.
- Skal Labissiere stepped up big, which earned him Calipari’s praise.
- Calipari called Erin Andrews on Monday night before she testified in court Tuesday to let her know he was proud of her and thinking about her as she goes through the emotions of her case against a hotel and a stalker.
- Mark Stoops and the football team have a new defensive backs coach.
- One of the SEC athletes who struggled at the NFL Scouting Combine was from Kentucky.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker wrote that the Wildcats got a pleasant boost from Labissiere, whose season has been a bit of an anomaly.
- Also from Tucker, some instant analysis at the buzzer.
- Here’s a side-by-side look of Kentucky and Florida statistically, from the Lexington Herald-Leader’s John Clay.
The best stories around the SEC
- According to a report, Peyton Manning is still interested in playing football, but NFL teams aren’t interested in having him.
- Which SEC school has landed the final visit from the nation’s top wide receiver?
- The SEC has set a conference attendance record.
- LSU has offered plenty of quarterbacks in recent weeks …
- The state of Louisiana’s No. 1 prospect doesn’t have a leader, but Alabama has made an impression.