7 things every Kentucky fan needs to know today
It was a matchup between two of the greatest collegiate programs in history — and it didn’t disappoint. Good morning, Kentucky fans. Kentucky basketball is officially in full throttle after the Wildcats defeated Duke 74-63 on Tuesday night in Chicago. It’s the most wonderful time of the year for you, Big Blue Nation fans. Enjoy it.
Here are seven things to know:
- First things first: With the win over Duke, Kentucky picked up its first staple win of the season. Catch the quick hits here.
- John Calipari learned lots of good things about his team Tuesday night.
- Tyler Ulis is coming into his own as one of the nation’s best point guards. His arms used to be bare, but now his tattoos tell his story. Learn what makes Kentucky’s guard tick in this extensive feature.
- Before the matchup with Duke on Tuesday night, the Wildcats released an epic hype video.
- Everyone thought Edrice Adebayo was N.C. State bound, but the 5-star center pleasantly surprised Calipari on Tuesday when he committed to the Wildcats.
- National basketball analyst Eric Bossi weighed in on what this commitment means to Kentucky and what Adebayo will bring to Calipari’s stacked squad.
- Former Wildcat and current NBA star John Wall congratulated Adebayo on Twitter. Adebayo, like Wall, is from North Carolina.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- On the football front, offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson spoke with the media Tuesday afternoon. The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale has Shannon’s remarks in full.
- Also from Hale, a practice report from Lexington.
- Fans are all over coach Mark Stoops to turn the football program around. Stoops understands their frustration but is also asking them to stay patient, the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith wrote.
- Watch Calipari’s postgame press conference after the Wildcats beat Duke in Chicago. The Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker has the video.
- Also from Tucker, some immediate analysis of the Wildcats’ 74-63 win.
The best stories around the SEC
- One long-time LSU beat writer thinks it’s at least possible Les Miles’ job could be in jeopardy moving forward.
- The third set of College Football Playoff rankings came out Tuesday. Four SEC teams are in the top 25.
- See how the national media reacted to the new rankings.
- Get to know this Vanderbilt commit, a 300-pound piano player who also used to play in the orchestra.
- “Kick Six” made its debut on the popular game show Jeopardy when it served as a clue under the category “Famous Football Plays.”