Happy Friday, Big Blue Nation. Kentucky began its NCAA tournament run with a decisive win Thursday night, setting the stage for a Round of 32 battle with Indiana. Get caught up with all the latest Wildcats news below.
Here are six things to know:
- Led by Alex Poythress, Kentucky overcame a slow start and rolled past Stony Brook.
- Stony Brook needed to have a big game from Jameel Warney to beat Kentucky. Unfortunately for the Seawolves, his 23 points and 16 rebounds weren’t enough.
- Tyler Ulis broke one of John Wall’s school records during UK’s shellacking of Stony Brook.
- A look at what Kentucky needs to do to make it to the Final Four.
- The selection committee has been criticized for making Kentucky such a low seed, and Texas A&M believes it was disrespected, too.
- Relive UK’s big win with SEC Country’s live blog.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Indiana’s Yogi Ferrell trolled the Wildcats on Thursday by using one of UK’s signature celebrations after making a 3-pointer against Chattanooga.
- Kentucky is right at home in the Lexington region of the women’s NCAA tournament, and that could be a big advantage, writes Kentucky.com’s Jennifer Smith.