Kentucky basketball will play at Auburn on Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
It’s a bizarre season in the SEC when Kentucky is at risk of falling below .500 in league play as Auburn looks to cushion its lead in the conference. But that’s what’s at stake Wednesday night at Auburn Arena.
John Calipari’s Wildcats have lost three consecutive games, while Bruce Pearl’s Tigers have only lost three games all season.
“This is a great opportunity for us to go into a hostile environment — a bunch of young players, freshmen and sophomores — and go steal one,” Kentucky assistant coach Kenny Payne said Tuesday afternoon. “That’s the game plan — go take one from them. They’re not going to give it to us. … Everything will say we’ve got our hands full, so go prove people wrong.”
Kentucky-Auburn game time, details
- Time: 9 p.m. ET
- Date: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
- Location: Auburn Arena (9,121), Auburn, Ala.
- Records: Kentucky 17-8 overall, 6-6 SEC; No. 10 Auburn 22-3 overall, 10-2 SEC
- Favorite: Auburn by 8.5
What TV channel is Kentucky-Auburn on?
You can watch Kentucky vs. Auburn on ESPN2. Adam Amin, Dan Dakich, P.J. Carlesimo and Laura Rutledge will be on the call.
How can I watch Kentucky-Auburn online?
Stream Kentucky vs. Auburn on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app.
How can I listen to Kentucky-Auburn on the radio?
Kentucky and Auburn will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network. That’s 630-AM on Lexington radio and can be streamed at iHeart Radio. You can also listen on XM channel 190 and Sirius channel 138.
- The last time Auburn was ranked and Kentucky wasn’t was Dec. 27, 1999, when the Tigers were No. 4.
- Ranked Auburn teams are 1-1 all time against unranked Kentucky teams as the No. 17 Tigers defeated the Wildcats 61-60 in Auburn on Feb. 20, 1960, and 20th-ranked Auburn lost 75-71 at Kentucky on Feb. 4, 1987.
- Auburn is looking to win consecutive home games against Kentucky since defeating the Wildcats 77-75 on Feb. 20, 1989, and 74-70 on Jan. 24, 1990, in Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum. The Tigers won the last meeting between the two teams in Auburn 75-70 on Jan. 16, 2016.
- Auburn has something that is rare among its competition in the SEC. The three-guard lineup of Bryce Brown (16.6), Mustapha Heron (16.3) and Jared Harper (13.3) all average more than 13 points per game this season. The Tigers are the only team in the conference to have three players average 13 or more points per game. The trio of guards are the only backcourt in the SEC to all average more than 12 points per contest.
- UK is in the midst of its first-ever three-game skid under Calipari.
- Kentucky is 31-18 under Calipari against top 15 AP-ranked teams.