KyKy Tandy dropped 33 points in front of John Calipari on Monday night en route to University Heights’ win in the 2nd Region championship.
Curtis Burch and Joe Mussatto talk about Tandy’s game and where he stands with Kentucky on the latest episode of Wildcat Country — SEC Country’s daily Kentucky podcast.
Tandy is the No. 2 Kentucky prospect in the 2019 class, according to the 247Sports composite. The Hopkinsville native might be undersized at 6-foot-1 and 160 pounds, but he can really score the ball. Tandy is shooting 61 percent from the floor with a 45-percent mark from 3-point range in his junior season.
Before Calipari saw him play Monday night, we visited Tandy last Thursday in Henderson County. He scored 34 points in that game, and afterward he spoke to us about his recruitment. Curtis and Joe dive into the details on the latest podcast.
Among other topics discussed on the episode Wednesday:
- Curtis recaps his picks for the USBWA district teams. Where did Kevin Knox and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander land on the All-SEC teams?
- Who’s your SEC coach of the year? Rick Barnes or Bruce Pearl?
- There’s another story involving former Kentucky player Bam Adebayo and his alleged involvement with an agent. Extra crab claws are on the way.
- Football is back. What did we learn Tuesday about the quarterback competition between Gunnar Hoak and Terry Wilson?
- Mark Stoops provided a health update on Justin Rigg.
- Stoops held his first spring football news conference Monday morning. There were several bits of information out of it.
- Curtis shares his tale of capturing a chicken. Spoiler alert: He failed.
- What’s your go-to snack for a road trip? You might need one if you’re on the way to St. Louis.