Blue Smith, one of the top receivers in the 2018 class, has two schools left on his list: Kentucky and Ohio State. Smith is expected to announce later in August, but he told Scout.com’s Bill Greene that his mind already is made up.
In an interview with Greene, Smith said his decision could come Aug. 25 or sometime around then. He originally was expected to announce on Aug. 27.
“There was a lot of factors that went into it,” Smith told Greene of his decision. “I talked to my family, I talked to my friends, I prayed, I talked to God every night. It’s one of those big decisions. There’s a lot of things going into it: What I want to major in, how well is it for my family to come see me?”
Kentucky seemed to be neck-and-neck with Ohio State to land Smith, but the Buckeyes have surged ahead, according to 247Sports’ Crystal Ball. It gives Ohio State an 81 percent chance to land the 6-foot-6 wideout, followed by Kentucky at 19 percent.
Greene, who covers Ohio recruiting, recently logged a Smith-to-Ohio State pick.
Smith is listed as the No. 3 athlete in the 2018 class, according to 247Sports, but he’s expected to play receiver or tight end in college. Smith is the 115th-ranked prospect in the nation and a top-5 Ohio prospect. He is high school teammates with Kentucky linebacker commit Alex Reigelsperger at Wayne High School in Huber Heights, Ohio.