LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kentucky is putting its finishing touches on spring football, and it’ll all end at the annual Blue-White spring game Friday night at Commonwealth Stadium.
The game, typically held on a Saturday afternoon, will be played under the lights this season. It’ll be the first glimpse for fans of the 2017 edition of Kentucky football.
The Wildcats are coming off their first postseason appearance, a loss to Georgia Tech in the TaxSlayer Bowl, since 2010. Kentucky finished the season 7-6 with a 4-4 mark in SEC play. It was the first time since 2006 that Kentucky realized 4 conference victories.
The spring tilt will signal the beginning of season No. 4 in coach Mark Stoops’ tenure.
“We have a long way to go, but I like the energy they’re playing with, I like the confidence they’re playing with,” Stoops said after practice Saturday. “You can see we made some turnovers, made some big plays, and that’s good to see. Offensively, we’ve been having a really solid spring. Defensively, I think we’re making strides. But they’re doing good things as well. Getting better.”
Here’s all you need to know about the Blue-White game:
Kentucky Blue-White spring game time, details
Date: Friday, April 14
Time: 7:30 p.m. ET (parking lots will open at 4 p.m. ET)
Location: Commonwealth Stadium
Weather: 77 degrees
What TV channel is the Kentucky spring game on?
SEC Network will have the broadcast.
Who is calling the Blue-White game for SEC Network?
Taylor Zarzour will handle play-by-play, Chris Doering will be the analyst and Dawn Davenport will be on the sideline.
How can I watch the Blue-White game online?
WatchESPN or on the Watch ESPN mobile app.
Things to know about the Blue-White game
- The Blue team defeated the White team, 31-20, in 2016. Wide receiver Jeff Badet, who transferred to Oklahoma, caught 3 passes for 107 yards, while Sihiem King had 95 rushing yards.
- Stephen Johnson, then the second-team quarterback, passed for 135 yards and rushed for 47 yards in the spring game last year.
- Attendance for the 2016 Kentucky spring game was 28,441.
- Attendance for this year’s game isn’t expected to be affected one way or the other despite the Friday night kickoff. Approximately 27,000 tickets had been allotted as of Tuesday evening.
- Kentucky is 1 of 2 SEC schools this year to play its spring game on a Friday night. Florida had its Orange & Blue Debut on April 7.