LEXINGTON, Ky. — Mark Stoops is behind the podium Monday for his weekly press conference.
The Kentucky coach will be recapping the Wildcats 35-21 win over Missouri and previewing their 7:30 p.m. Saturday matchup against Georgia. Refresh this page for live updates:
- Stoops: “Again, very proud of our team, our effort this Saturday. I was most pleased with our preparation.”
- Stoops said guys were “genuinely excited to play the football game.”
- Said players were getting each other up for the early kickoff.
- “We have not won five conference games in a long time and we’re looking forward to doing that this Saturday.”
- Stoops said he wanted to deliver for fans who had been “starving.”
- Stoops is pleased with the improvement in Stephen Johnson’s deep ball.
- Fans greeted the team at the airport when they got back from Missouri. Stoops said it was great to have.
- Said he’s proud with the development he’s seen from Adrian Middleton.
- Stoops said Naquez Pringle commanded two guys to block him.
- Sihiem King was slotted to receive time at running back this week. Stoops said they are trying to develop a third back.
- Georgia has three pro back, Stoops said.
- Stoops said he expects the stadium to be filled Saturday. And with that he said there’s pressure for the team to perform well.
- Stoops said there’s a lot of things, discipline, belief system, that are leading to the better results.
- Stoops on Kentucky’s standing in the East: “There will be no talk about that. We’re in no position to look ahead against anybody.”
- Stoops: “I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, we’re glad to have him.”
- Jojo Kemp will be wearing a cast this week on his left hand. He missed the game against Missouri.