Kentucky-Georgia: Betting odds, picks for Week 12 (November 18, 2017) game
Kentucky and No. 7 Georgia will face off in an SEC East meeting at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18. The Bulldogs are a 21.5-point favorite. Find full odds and our picks on the game below.
Kentucky-Georgia, Week 12 betting odds
Georgia is a 21.5-point favorite over Kentucky. The over/under for points scored in the Georgia-Kentucky game is 50.5 points.
Kentucky-Georgia betting picks
Joe Mussatto: I expect Georgia will be extra motivated coming off its loss to Auburn and with a bid at the College Football Playoff still within reach. Kentucky has made significant strides in the last two years, but Georgia still has the advantage when it comes to talent. That’ll be evident in the battle up front. Georgia’s offensive and defensive lines will control the game, and I predict a big win for the Dawgs. Georgia 41, Kentucky 13.
Kyle Tucker: This is the one game I thought going into the season the Wildcats had no shot at winning and the Bulldogs’ surprising blowout loss last week did nothing to change that. Georgia 38, Kentucky 20.
Kentucky-Georgia betting preview
- The magic number for Georgia is 200. That’s rushing yards, and the only two times the Bulldogs have been held under that mark, they’ve won by one point (against Notre Dame) and lost by 23 (against Auburn). Kentucky has the nation’s 19th-ranked run defense at 121 yards per game, but it gave up more than 200 rushing yards against Missouri, Mississippi State and Tennessee.
- Georgia leads the all-time series against Kentucky 56-12-2. A year ago, Georgia eked out a 3-point win in Lexington.
- Georgia currently is in the midst of a seven-game winning streak over Kentucky. The Wildcats’ last win over Georgia was a 34-27 victory in Athens during the 2009 season.
- The game on Saturday will feature three of the SEC’s top 10 running backs. Kentucky’s Benny Snell is second in the conference with 1,013 yards and 15 touchdowns. Georgia’s Nick Chubb is fourth with 894 yards and Sony Michel is ninth with 731 yards.
- Another key matchup for Saturday will be Kentucky’s pass rush vs. Georgia’s pass protection. Kentucky ranks fifth in the conference with 27 sacks this season, but Georgia is third with only 13 sacks surrendered. However, that is a little misleading for Georgia, as the Bulldogs have only attempted 191 passes this season, meaning Jake Fromm is sacked on about 7 percent of his dropbacks.
- Kentucky has not won 8 games in a season since 1984.
- Georgia needs to win out to ensure itself a place in the College Football Playoff. That would include an SEC Championship Game win against Alabama or Auburn.
- Snell set a school record with 28 rushing touchdowns, after scoring 3 against Vanderbilt in Week 11. The previous school record was 26.