LEXINGTON, Ky. — Mark Stoops is scheduled to speak at noon for his weekly press conference.
Stoops will recap Kentucky’s game against Georgia and preview the noon ET Saturday matchup with Tennessee. Refresh this page for live updates.
- “Just like I said after the game, extremely tough loss.”
- “Our team played exceptionally hard. We were just fractions off.”
- “We were relentless in our preparation.”
- Stoops thanked the fans and the atmosphere Saturday night: “That’s an SEC football game at home.”
- Stoops was clear to separate edge and effort. He said the team lacked edge, but was impressed with its effort.
- Stoops said he’s on his fourth cup of coffee this morning: “I’m juiced up and ready to go.”
- Stoops said they’re always building. Wouldn’t shy away from thought of passing out of the wildcat.
- Stoops said there’s a competitive nature with the team, and that includes Benny Snell and Boom Williams. “It’s a big sign of how far we’ve come.”
- On Tennessee: “I see a very good team that’s very talented.”
- Stoops on the SEC East race: “Dog eats dog right? It’s brutal. It’s hard.”
- Stoops expects to have Cole Mosier back this week. He said Mosier rolled his ankle.
- Eli Brown will be an exceptional player, Stoops said. He noted giving Brown and freshman Kash Daniel more playing time at linebacker.
- Stoops said blocking Derek Barnett will be a “real issue.” He also pointed out Tennessee’s receivers as a position group that’s jumped out at him.
- He said they got “nothing but positive” feedback from recruits this weekend. Kentucky said it expected nearly 300 recruits for the Georgia game.
- Stoops said Drew Barker will not practice this week.
- Stoops said Luke Wright has progressed well at backup quarterback. It would be late in the season to see Kentucky use Gunnar Hoak and waste his redshirt year.
- Stoops said he thinks cornerback Jordan Griffin will be an exceptional player.
- Stoops said John Calipari has always been supportive. “He’s been a good friend.”