LEXINGTON, Ky. — Coach Mark Stoops is set to speak at noon ET at his weekly Monday press conference.
Kentucky is coming off a 34-6 loss to Alabama over the weekend and it faces Vanderbilt at 4 p.m. Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium.
Refresh this page for live updates.
- Stoops on Alabama game: “I thought we grew in certain areas and need to continue to work in others.”
- On Vanderbilt QB Ralph Webb: He’s got very good vision, strong, break tackles.”
- Stoops on what he heard from a few Alabama players: “They said it was the most physical game that they played in. That is a compliment.”
- Stoops on the difference on defense in the last two games compared to the first three: “Night and day. We’re growing, getting better.”
- Stoops said last year’s loss to Vanderbilt will probably bother him for the rest of his life.
- He expects WR Dorian Baker to be back at full strength this week. Baker has only played in one game this season with a hamstring injury.
- On Bunchy Stallings: “He’s quick-twitch for a big guy.” Stallings has been seeing more time on the offensive line.
- On Jordan Jones: “He plays so hard. He’s being more disciplined but he’s got really good instincts and plays extremely hard.”
- More on Jordan Jones: “He’s wired a little differently.” Says no one plays as hard as Jones and that his style rubs off on others.
- Stoops: “Turnovers will be a big determining factor this week.”
- Stoops on freshman Landon Young facing Alabama: “He did some good things and got beat some. But that experience, you can’t beat that.”
- Stoops said the special teams once again got positive yardage against Alabama. Been a bright spot all year for Kentucky.