LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kentucky coach Mark Stoops will be behind the microphone Monday afternoon for his weekly press conference.
Stoops will be previewing Kentucky’s matchup with Louisville. Refresh this page for live updates of what the coach said.
- Stoops: “Excited about this week. It’s going to be another great opportunity for us.”
- Stoops: “We need to play our very best football this week against Louisville… “There’s really not a weakness on that team.”
- Stoops said he expects Stephen Johnson to practice in full this week.
- On Lamar Jackson: “You can see his leadership. You can see his toughness.”
- Stoops said when Louisville needs a play, Lamar Jackson is there.
- Stoops: “It’s hard not to admire Stephen Johnson.” Said Johnson played hurt this week.
- “There’s a lot that goes into the wins and losses behind closed doors,” Stoops said.
- Stoops said his administration has been with him through good and bad. He said he wanted to deliver for them, the fan base and his players.
- On Bobby Petrino: “There’s a lot of offense there… “They have a good way of seeing what you’re doing.”
- Said Lamar Jackson can “kill ya” if Kentucky makes mistakes.
- Stoops said he told Lamar Thomas, who recruited Lamar Jackson, to find Kentucky somebody like that.
- Stoops said he’s not looking too much into Louisville’s loss to Houston. He said there’s a reason why Louisville had been the No. 1 offense in the country.
- Stoops said A.J. Rose will play as Lamar Jackson on Kentucky’s scout team this week.
- Stoops on controlling the rivalry aspect of the game: “It’s important to have intensity, but let’s have it Monday through Friday as well.”
- Stoops said Jordan Bonner and Jordan Griffin were two players that jumped out to him on film from Saturday of the guys who don’t play often.
- Stoops said he doesn’t have any preference on bowl destination.