STARKVILLE, Miss. — It’s almost time for football. Kentucky and Mississippi State kick off at 4 p.m. ET in Starkville, Miss., and the Wildcats are taking the field for warmups.
SEC Country will be bringing you updates throughout the day from Starkville. Here are some pregame notes and observations.
Kentucky walked into Davis Wade Stadium about two hours before kickoff.
- Kentucky linebacker Jordan Jones is expected to play for the first time since Week 2. He was his animated self during the Cat Walk. Jones is making one-handed catches in the end zone — not exactly his specialty, but he appears ready to go.
- Receiver Lynn Bowden and corner Derrick Baity were the first two Kentucky players to take the field.
- Speaking of Bowden, he’s throwing passes to a receiver group during warmups. He completed a 24-yard pass against Florida this season and is a passing threat out of the wildcat.
- There are still some injury questions for the Cats, specifically corner Chris Westry and nose guard Naquez Pringle.
- It is homecoming in Starkville.
- Uniform update: Kentucky is going with its classic road look of blue helmets, white jerseys and blue pants. The Cats will be wearing white shoes and white gloves. Mississippi State is wearing maroon helmets, maroon jerseys and white pants.
— Kentucky Football (@UKFootball) October 21, 2017
— MSU Football 🏈 (@HailStateFB) October 20, 2017