Friday’s episode of Wildcat Country, SEC Country’s daily Kentucky podcast, is a recruiting roundup for both basketball and football.
Host Curtis Burch is joined by Joe Mussatto for the latest on hoops targets E.J. Montgomery and KyKy Tandy.
On the football side, new Kentucky receivers coach Michael Smith is making waves in Louisiana — a state Kentucky doesn’t normally recruit.
Those and more topics were discussed Friday:
- We recorded the podcast before we got a chance to discuss Joe’s trip to Henderson County to see top 2019 in-state prospect KyKy Tandy play. It’s no secret that Kentucky fans would love to cheer on a homegrown player. Here’s our story after watching Tandy play Thursday night and meeting with him after the game.
- Kyle Tucker had the latest on 5-star power forward E.J. Montgomery — Kentucky’s top remaining target in the 2018 class. Check out what his high school coach said about his standing with Kentucky.
- Our weekly NBA mock draft roundup might be the most hated item on our site. But there’s no way to ignore it. Joe breaks down where the latest mock drafts have Kentucky players landing. Is Jarred Vanderbilt climbing the board?
- Kentucky still led the nation in regular season attendance, for the 20th time in the last 23 years, but Rupp Arena attendance dropped to its lowest point in the Calipari era this season. Why?
- Curtis makes his pick, that you should argue with, for college basketball’s best players.
Don’t miss any of our Cats coverage. Follow podcast host @CurtisBurch as well as @KyleTucker_SEC for hoops and football columns and @Joe_Mussatto for football team coverage and basketball recruiting notes.