LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kentucky’s 2018 football recruiting class is in the books. It’s not close to the Wildcats’ highest-ranked class in Mark Stoops’ tenure, but Kentucky secured its biggest targets on National Signing Day: 4-star linebacker Chris Oats and 3-star running back Kavosiey Smoke.
Stoops and recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow held a news conference Wednesday to talk about the class, staff changes, and a few questions about current players. Host Curtis Burch and football beat writer Joe Mussatto break it all down in the latest episode of Wildcat Country, SEC Country’s Daily Kentucky podcast.
Among the topics discussed:
- Chris Oats was the biggest get on National Signing Day. Vince Marrow explains what a recruiting win against Ohio State will do for Kentucky moving forward.
- Kavosiey Smoke: It’s going to be a fun name to say, as Stoops pointed out. But what could Smoke do on the field to help the Cats as a reshman?
- It wasn’t all recruiting talk Wednesday. Stoops talked about new assistant coaches Brad White and Michael Smith. It sounds like Kentucky’s recruiting circles might change a bit.
- Stoops also updated the status of linebackers Denzil Ware and Jordan Jones.
- Curtis talks two viral commitment videos from National Signing Day.
Don’t miss any of our Cats coverage. Follow podcast host @CurtisBurch as well as @KyleTucker_SEC for hoops and football columns and @Joe_Mussatto for football team coverage and basketball recruiting notes.