LEXINGTON, Ky. — It’s NBA Decision Week for Kentucky basketball, or at least the beginning of NBA Decision Month, and we’ll get you ready for the first big one.
Star point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is reportedly planning to announce his plans on Tuesday night. At this point, a return to school would be a pretty big stunner for the guy who transformed himself from seventh-highest-rated recruit in UK’s freshman class to projected NBA lottery pick.
Host Curtis Burch breaks that down and wraps up a holiday weekend full of college basketball news on the latest episode of Wildcat Country, your daily Kentucky podcast presented by SEC Country. The rundown:
- Anthony Davis pranked fans — well, the gullible ones, at least — with a fake unibrow shaving for April Fools. Curtis wants a full investigation in to potential Russian meddling in the Twitter poll Davis posted seeking stay-or-go advice on his brow. And how did he make the shaving gag look so real?
- Disgraced former Louisville coach Rick Pitino, stripped not only of a title and a job but also and especially his dignity, says he isn’t going to watch his horse run in the Kentucky Oaks unless the “pizza man,” Papa John, leaves the U of L board of trustees. Rick, buddy, this is sad.
- Why all the backlash for Sister Jean?
- Former Kentucky wing Charles Matthews is playing for Michigan in the national championship game on Monday. Is John Calipari — who congratulated Matthews on his big role on a great team — changing his ways at all to keep potential role players like Matthews from transferring in the future?
- And a comment from Calipari on how the toughest part of his job is convincing guys who have no business bolting for the NBA that they are not, in fact, one-and-dones.
- Curtis sneaks some spring football into the mix, because defensive lineman Adrian Middleton said something very much worthy of some air time. The D-line vs. the O-line in a scrimmage Saturday? “We kicked their ass,” Middleton said.
- Oh, and there might’ve been a mention of the yodeling Walmart kid in there somewhere.