LEXINGTON, Ky. — Here’s what Mark Stoop said after Kentucky’s last-second win against Mississippi State on Saturday:
- “Just like we drew it up,” Stoops said to a lot of laughs.
- “We seem to like to put some drama into things.”
- Stoops said they practice the play every week to get into field goal range as the time is running out.
- On the last kick, “I had a lot of confidence in him.”
- On Austin MacGinnis’ kick: “I think we both looked at each other. I don’t even know what we said.”
- Stoops said he talked to Jeff Badet on Friday: “We needed him to stay the course.”
- Stoops said his team isn’t built to blow people out. All three conference wins have come down to the last few possessions for Kentucky.
- “We weren’t built to throw it around and have a lot of fun.”