Kentucky coach John Calipari landed his first official Class of 2016 signee Wednesday and is expected to add another Thursday night.
That’s when 6-foot-4 point guard De’Aaron Fox — the nation’s No. 3 player according to 247Sports.com — is going to choose the Wildcats, according to, well, everyone.
Here’s a collection of prognoses as to where the Cypress Lakes (Texas) senior will go:
- 247Sports.com Crystal Ball: “Kentucky 100%”
- ASeaofBlue.com: All six writers say “Kentucky”
- Rivals.com‘s Eric Bossi: “The Wildcats have been considered the team to beat for a while.”
- ESPN.com‘s Jeff Borzello: “His future home will be Kentucky.”
- Scout.com‘s Evan Daniels: “All signs point to De’Aaron Fox selecting Kentucky.”
- Rivals.com‘s Justin Rowland: “All signs are (Kentucky coaches) feel confident about where they stand.”
Fox has also been courted heavily by Kansas and Louisville, but you couldn’t tell based on the above information.
The 17-year-old will make his decision at 6 p.m. ET Thursday night.
Calipari signed 5-star forward Wenyen Gabriel on Wednesday afternoon and is expected to sign two more big men — 5-star Sacha Killeya-Jones and 4-star Tai Wynyard — before the Nov. 18 deadline.
Guards Malik Monk (nation’s No. 5) and Kobi Simmons (No. 18) are also high on Kentucky’s list.