Hey, Big Blue Nation! Now that you’ve had a day to digest the Super Bowl, Peyton, upset Cam (and Kevin Durant being a credentialed photographer at the game, OK?) it’s time to get back to some Wildcats news.
Let’s see what John Calipari and Co. are up to.
Here are three things to know:
- Kentucky got some good news in advance of the UGA game Thursday.
- The Wildcats are known for their one-and-done tendencies and they don’t shy away from that reputation.
- Check out who Mark Stoops and the football team reached out to about joining the staff.
Other Kentucky news from around the Internet
- Led by sophomore point guard Tyler Ulis, Kentucky’s backcourt is a force to be reckoned with, the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker wrote.
- More on Mark Stoops reaching out to Ed Reed, from the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Jon Hale.
- For all you baseball fans out there, Hale also has a great read on a Wildcat who put the MLB Draft on hold to play his senior year in Lexington.
- Kentucky has officially lost one of its co-defensive coordinators, the Lexington Herald-Leader’s Jen Smith wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- One of the NFL’s best current quarterbacks wrote a letter to to Peyton Manning to say thank you.
- Is Peyton the best ever?
- More details on the Johnny Manziel incident have emerged.
- Cam Newton is taking criticism on all ends for his postgame press conference Sunday. Read all of SEC Country’s stories on the matter here.
- Steve Spurrier has a new job at South Carolina.