LEXINGTON Ky. — Coach Mark Stoops is scheduled to speak at noon for his weekly Monday press conference ahead of Saturday’s game at Florida.
Refresh this page for live updates.
- Stoops opening statement: “It was a very disappointing loss and we know that.”
- Notes how well the team played on offense. On defense, “It’s a game of third downs.”
- In the second half, “They were getting aggravating yards.”
- “Offensively we moved it at will in the first half, in the second half we didn’t have enough possessions.”
- Stoops points to quick, two-drive touchdowns in the first half that were good for UK, but ended up putting the defense right back on the field.
- Stoops calls Barker’s interception “just a bad throw.”
- “We feel the same way today as we did after the game.”
- “When things go wrong, we have to go back and execute.”
- On letting leads slip away: “That’s a losing mentality that we will not tolerate.”
- “We’re beyond having to be delicate with these guys.”
- Blake McClain is anticipated to be back but he won’t practice Monday.
- On the Southern Miss touchdown before the half, “It was a missed assignment.”
- “That’s the last thing to do in this program, find that winning attitude, find that winning culture.”
- Jordan Jones was “all over the field.” Stoops said he was exceptional.
- Stoops sees a different look from Florida. Says Luke Del Rio looked good throwing the ball.
- Outside of the blocked punt, Stoops loved what he saw on special teams.