LEXINGTON, Ky. — Coach Mark Stoops will hold his weekly Monday press conference at noon.
Kentucky faces South Carolina at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium. UK is looking for its third win in a row against the Gamecocks.
Refresh this page for live updates on what Stoops says.
- Stoops: “It’s good to get that victory. It’s not exactly how we drew it up, but any victory is a good victory.”
- On South Carolina: “It’s a big game for both of us.”
- Stoops on Drew Barker’s injury: “I’m in no position to talk about that right now.” He said Barker had an MRI and has been consulted by doctors.
- More on Barker’s back injury: “It wasn’t just one hit. Stoops says part of it is “chronic.”
- Stoops on Dorian Baker’s hamstring injury: “It’s an aggravating injury.”
- Injured LT Cole Mosier is expected to be back at practice today.
- Stoops says Johnson’s running ability is huge for the offense.
- More on Barker if he is ready for Saturday: “He’s listed as the starter on the depth chart for a reason.”
- Stoops: “Make no mistake. We all know that’s not acceptable defense. Not under my watch.”
- Stoops says T.J. Carter on the defensive line is someone who has to play more moving forward.
- Stoops says DT Matt Elam is doing well in big sets, but not when the offense spreads out.
- On Benny Snell: “He impressed us right from the start.”
- Stoop said he was worried about Stephen Johnson taking too many hits when he was running.
- Luke Wright is the third team quarterback at this point.
- On how the secondary played Saturday: “Not very good,” Stoops said. “The first touchdown alone was enough to piss me off all week.”