LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kentucky coach Mark Stoops is addressing the media at noon at his weekly Monday press conference.
The Wildcats are coming off a 17-10 win against South Carolina over the weekend. Stoops’ squad faces Alabama at 7 p.m. Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Refresh this page for live updates of what Stoops said.
- “Offensively it was good to see the one-two punch of Boom and Benny.”
- On defense: “It was a group effort led by Denzil Ware. We needed him to step up and he did.”
- Stoops on Alabama: “They’re the No. 1 team in the country for a reason.”
- Stoops on 0-2 start: “When the season doesn’t start the way you want it to, there’s always going to be a lot of outside noise and distraction.”
- On Damien Harris: “He looks very good. Just like you would expect. He’s a very talented guy.”
- On facing dual-threat quarterbacks all season: “We haven’t faced anything like this.” Stoops talks of size around Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts.
- On Boom Williams: “He’s really grown up. He’s really maturing.”
- On Nick Saban: “I admire an awful lot about coach Saban. It’s hard to define all those things.”
- Stoops is telling the story of Nick Saban recruiting Stoops to Michigan State. Lot of good stuff here. We’ll have more on that later.
- Stoops said Matt Elam played his best game so far.
- For what it’s worth, Stoops and Saban have never played golf together.
- On firing of Les Miles: “I was sorry to hear that. I just like Les personally and he’s obviously been extremely successful.”
- On Benny Snell: “He is what we had hoped.” Stoop says his mentality has helped the team.