LEXINGTON, Ky. — Mark Stoops answers questions from the media after UK’s win against New Mexico State. Refresh this page for live updates.
- Mark Stoops: “The season didn’t get off to the start we wanted to, and this game didn’t get off to the start we wanted it to.” Says he’s proud of his team.
- Doug (Martin) and his team played unbelievable.
- Stoops: “A victory is a victory.”
- Stoops compliments Stephen Johnson. Said Drew Barker’s back was hurting before his interception.
- Barker went to the hospital to get his back examined. Stoops wouldn’t commit about naming a starter going forward.
- On defense: “It wasn’t good. It was a combination of things.”
- Stoops compliments Baity’s interception. The pick sealed the game for UK. “That was big for him to step up,” Stoops says.
- Stoops said the plan was to rotate the offensive line more.
- On Benny Snell: “Those short yard situations are very critical.” The freshman had four touchdowns today.
- At halftime Stoops told his team, “not to flinch. We had done that earlier in the season.”
NEXT Instant analysis: Kentucky offense lights up scoreboard, defensive deficiencies remain