LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kentucky is going bowling after securing a win against Austin Peay.
It’s the first bowl game in coach Mark Stoops’ tenure in Lexington. Refresh this page for updates on what the coach said.
- Stoops: “Obviously very excited for our football team, for our program. Important win.”
- Stoops: “We’re thankful for our seniors. It’s just an excited locker room.”
- Stoops said they were over running things in the first half.
- Stoops said his seniors are very happy. On when they chose Kentucky: “They knew what they were up against.”
- Said he’s thankful for the people who sat in the stands on a “cold and nasty day.”
- Stoops said Stephen Johnson barely practiced this week. “He’s tough as nails. He was banged up. Was not able to be on his leg very much.”
- Stoops said he feels like they put Luke Wright in a tough spot to start.
- Says it’s a big step in the culture change. “We want it to be the norm to go to a bowl game.”
- Stoops talks a lot about knocking down doors. Says Saturday’s “was a big one.”