Happy Monday, LSU fans.
Next year’s recruiting season kicked off in a major way over the weekend for the Tigers, who pulled in four commits after the “Boys From The Boot” event, addressing both the 2017 and 2018 classes.
Here are 10 things to know:
- LSU poached an assistant coach away from an SEC rival.
- One LSU commit compared LSU’s former running backs coach to its new one. How do they stack up?
- An SEC wide receiver target explained how LSU bolstered its stock, but why it’s not a lock that he commits to the Tigers.
- Sunday was Valentine’s Day, and even the LSU’s mascot got a taste of the holiday.
- A highly touted New Orleans linebacker left LSU’s junior event without an offer. This is how he reacted.
- One of the top cornerbacks in the Class of 2018 pledged to LSU. Here’s why.
- This Louisiana athlete helped win a state championship as a quarterback. He’s looking forward to playing one of these positions at LSU.
- LSU already boasts one of the top backfields in the nation. The Tigers addressed their future at the position with this in-state talent.
- LSU bolstered its 2018 recruiting class with this highly regarded in-state defensive back.
- A country music star lost a bet stemming from LSU’s Texas Bowl win against Texas Tech, then had to pay the price.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Scott Rabalais wrote that LSU’s basketball team “wanted it more” against Texas A&M on Saturday.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger profiled IMG Academy, where LSU has extended offers to eight players already.