Good morning, Tigers faithful. Between outgoing players shining at Pro Day and LSU making a late addition to its 2016 signing class, yesterday was chock-full of football news for you to catch up on as spring practice rolls onward. Let’s dive into the action.
Here are 11 things to know:
- Pro Day: Deion Jones blew the scouts away with his 40 time
- Pro Day: NFL coaches tell Jalen Mills he looks “phenomenal”
- Pro Day: One LSU player is receiving NFL interest at three different positions
- Pro Day: Another Tigers standout is emphasizing the difference in his play since last month’s NFL combine
- Check out SEC Country’s recap of a busy recruiting weekend for the Tigers
- An elite New Orleans pass-rusher gave LSU coaches the news they’d been long awaiting
- Hoops star Ben Simmons has reportedly latched on with an NBA phenom’s talent agency
- You can give SEC Country’s Pro Day live blog a quick read right here
- Former LSU stud Morris Claiborne is selling an important piece of memorabilia on eBay
- A handful of Tigers players made our All-Saban Team
- Was the NCAA selection committee right to snub 4 SEC teams with winning conference records? (LSU included)
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- LSU tight end Dillon Gordon’s ongoing appeal likely will not be settled before spring practice ends, wrote NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter.
- Former Tigers cornerback Rashard Robinson got the opportunity to work out at LSU’s Pro Day, The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger reported.
The best stories around the SEC
- Why the NCAA tourney committee could play a small part in ending Texas A&M’s bad-blood feud with Texas.
- South Carolina coach Will Muschamp says he’s impressed by a freshman — so much so that the newcomer is listed as a first-stringer on the spring depth chart.
- One Florida QB is leading the pack after the first week of spring practice.