2 things every LSU fan needs to know today
Happy Tuesday, Tigers fans!
Coach Les Miles held his weekly press conference today and the Florida game was announced for a 7 p.m. ET kickoff in Death Valley next Saturday. For now, the Tigers are preparing for a showdown with South Carolina in Columbia.
Here’s what every LSU fan needs to know today.
- Les Miles was not pleased with the play of his wide receivers Saturday. Miles said he might consider some changes to the receiver rotation, but then backed off by saying he wasn’t ready to make any major moves.
- After his Week 5 performance, tailback Leonard Fournette is a big favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. The sophomore is a 1:2 favorite to win the prestigious award, according to Bovada. The next closest candidate is Baylor quarterback Seth Russell at 8:1 odds to win.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger broke down Fournette’s 75-yard touchdown run and plenty more in his latest film room session.
- ESPN’s David Ching wrote that LSU’s struggles during the middle stages of games could cost the team a chance at making the College Football Playoff. Ching argued that LSU needs to play every quarter like it plays during the first quarter.
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter provided an update on tight end Dillon Gordon, safety Jalen Mills and defensive lineman Lamar Louis. Gordon and Mills are both day-to-day, while Louis is expected to play Saturday.
Best stories from around the SEC
- Auburn wideout Duke Williams was dismissed from the team on Monday.
- Colin Cowherd said LSU has no chance of beating Alabama and doesn’t believe Alabama is an elite team either.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema compared Alabama’s defensive line to an NFL caliber unit.