LSU’s bowl game is fast approaching, but there was still some interesting news on Wednesday involving a former defensive coordinator and tailback Leonard Fournette.
Here are three things to know:
- LSU reportedly altered the contract of former defensive coordinator John Chavis. The university is currently in a legal battle with Chavis over a buyout clause and defamation suit.
- Fournette was named an NCAA consensus All-American on Thursday. He became the first LSU player to achieve that feat since 2012 and the second running back in school history to be named a consensus All-American.
- One LSU commit is trying to convince one of his high school teammates to join him in Baton Rouge, La.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- Read The Advocate’s entire report regarding the Chavis situation.
- What challenges could Texas Tech pose for LSU when the teams kickoff in the Texas Bowl? NOLA.com’s Randy Rosetta discussed the matchup in his podcast.
The best stories around the SEC
- Texas A&M quarterback Kyler Murray will reportedly transfer from the school. He became the second quarterback to transfer from A&M in a week.
- A South Carolina defensive end was shot multiple times and is in serious condition, according to a report.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban said new UGA coach Kirby Smart’s decision to stay with Alabama may not be the best decision for his future.