There’s plenty of news to recap since LSU’s 34-24 victory over Syracuse on Saturday. Here’s everything you need to know on the Tigers and the rest of the SEC heading into Week 5:
- ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit released his predictions for the College Football Playoff following Week 4 and LSU is included in his list. Herbstreit had LSU as the third-best team in the country. The Tigers would match up with No. 2 UCLA in a College Football Playoff semifinal in Herbstreit’s scenario.
- Syracuse legend Floyd Little gave running back Leonard Fournette a lot of praise following his 244-yard effort against the Orange on Saturday. The three-time All-American and Pro Football Hall of Fame member spoke with Fournette after the game and complimented his running style.
- Junior cornerback Tre’Davious White highlights the list of unsung heroes for the Tigers in Saturday’s victory. White had a monumental punt return for a touchdown that put LSU up 17-3 in the third quarter. Other unsung heroes include junior defensive end Lewis Neal, the entire offensive line and quarterback Brandon Harris.
Other LSU news from around the internet
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter discussed LSU dropping to No. 9 in the Associated Press Poll and moving up to No. 8 in the Amway Coaches’ Poll.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger wrote about Harris’ clutch throws when LSU needed him on Saturday, and also discussed LSU’s play calling from the win. He observed the Tigers let Brandon Harris throw more on first down and also let him throw downfield more often.
- NOLA.com’s Jerit Roser gave his take on Brock Huard’s comparison of Fournette to Seattle Seahawks halfback Marshawn Lynch. Roser put Huard’s comparison into context and explained why it actually makes sense.
- Roser recounted LSU’s win by breaking down the seven most memorable plays from Saturday’s game.
- The Advertiser’s Glenn Guilbeau made note of LSU’s inability to dominate Syracuse on Saturday because of sloppiness. This was something coach Les Miles harped on after the game. Read what Miles had to say here.
Best Stories around the SEC
- SEC Country’s Power Poll: Where did LSU rank according to our panel of conference reporters?
- The five most bone-headed decisions by SEC teams this week: LSU avoided making the list.
- Is Florida a contender in the SEC East? They sure look like it.
- Good news for Georgia fans. The best prospect in the country likes one of your legendary players.
- The Oxford and Gainesville police departments had some playful banter on Twitter leading up to a big contest between Ole Miss and Florida in The Swamp next weekend.