3 things every LSU fan needs to know today
Hope the fresh week is treating you well, LSU fans. The Tigers are on a bye this week, which meant there was no media availability on Monday. Despite the lack of quotables, there was still plenty of Tigers talk going on.
Here are three things to know:
- This just in, Leonard Fournette is still the overwhelming favorite to win the Heisman. Bovada gave the tailback 2:5 odds to capture the award.
- Fournette was listed as the favorite, but that does not mean there aren’t any challengers. Next weekend’s game between LSU and Alabama might determine more than just SEC West supremacy. It could be the deciding factor in the Heisman race between star tailbacks Fournette and Alabama’s Derrick Henry.
- Next week’s matchup will be between the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the SEC Country Power Rankings. The Tigers held onto the top spot, but the Tide was not voted too far behind.
Other LSU stories around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger examined LSU’s victory over Western Kentucky in his latest film room session.
- ESPN’s David Ching wrote about a losing streak to Alabama that the LSU seniors have an opportunity to break next weekend.
- LSU freshman wide receiver Tyron Johnson caught his first collegiate touchdown last weekend. Fellow wideout Malachi Dupre gave Johnson some sound advice to savor the moment, according to The Advocate’s Marcus Rodrigue.