3 things every LSU fan needs to know today
It’s almost Saturday, I promise. Les Miles did his weekly SEC teleconference, media availability and radio show on Wednesday.
Miles discussed a slew of topics, including LSU’s No. 2 ranking in the first batch of College Football Playoff rankings. Miles also gave some encouraging injury news regarding a couple of key players.
Here are three things to know:
- We all know Les Miles eats grass, but how does the grass at Bryant-Denny Stadium compare to the Tiger Stadium turf? Miles said he will determine that when he gets there.
- Miles and his Tigers will enter Saturday as the No. 2 team in the country. Miles was happy with the ranking but didn’t put much stock into it.
- Sophomore running back Leonard Fournette might get his lead blocker back for Saturday night. Miles said fullback JD Moore and cornerback Tre’Davious White completed practice on Sunday, but mentioned that one of those players looked “gimpy.”
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Marcus Rodrigue caught up with an Alabama beat reporter who said Brandon Harris, not Leonard Fournette, will be the key to victory for LSU.
- Rodrigue chronicled a busy day for Miles in his Wednesday blog.
- ESPN’s David Ching wrote that LSU’s talented 2014 recruiting class must get past the Crimson Tide to achieve the ultimate prize, a championship.