Happy Tuesday, Tigers fans! LSU has begun preparations for this weekend’s game against Ole Miss. Coach Les Miles spoke to the media Monday and answered plenty of questions regarding last weekend’s loss to Arkansas.
Here are three things to know:
- Miles said he didn’t think his offensive line was in a slump, despite two brutal performances in consecutive weeks.
- Junior tight end DeSean Smith and junior left tackle Jerald Hawkins should return to action soon after sustaining injuries last week.
- ESPN expert Paul Finebaum wasn’t too optimistic about Leonard Fournette’s Heisman Trophy odds. In fact, Finebaum said Fournette didn’t have a chance at winning the award.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- Is LSU undergoing a crisis? The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger evaluated the situation.
- The Advocate’s Marcus Rodrigue gave his Monday notes for the Tigers.
The best stories around the SEC
- Need to get your Tuesday started on a happy note? Watch this spoof video from AL.com that makes fun of the College Football Playoff. Getting into the CFP is essentially like trying to get the pretty girl at the bar to look at you, isn’t it?
- Derrick Henry’s Heisman stock is rising, while Fournette’s Heisman odds continue to suffer.
- Missouri has already lost a recruiting commitment upon news of Gary Pinkel’s retirement.