Happy bowl day, Tigers fans. LSU will tussle with Texas Tech on Tuesday night in the Texas Bowl and there was plenty of news to get you ready for game day.
Here are three things to know:
- Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury had plenty of praise for LSU’s defense and Leonard Fournette on Monday. Kingsbury said LSU possessed the best defense his Red Raiders had seen all season and said Fournette was ready to go pro.
- Fournette had some fun with coach Les Miles before the bowl game, saying Miles “has a way with words.”
- Many college football pundits think the Tigers will take care of business in Houston, but it wasn’t a unanimous decision.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter gave a by the numbers comparison of LSU and Texas Tech.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger wrote that Miles would look into evolving his offense, but questioned whether change would actually occur.
- The Advocate’s Chandler Rome featured LSU play-by-play announcer Jim Hawthorne, who will retire after calling the Texas Bowl on Tuesday.
The best stories around the SEC
- We ranked the SEC’s head coaches in order of job security. You won’t be shocked by who we had as the safest coach in the conference.
- Want to watch Nick Saban and his team humiliate themselves for a good cause? Watch them sing a Disney classic at a children’s hospital.
- A report suggests Kentucky could be getting a pretty good recruiter in its new offensive coordinator.