The offseason is underway and LSU is already making changes. New defensive coordinator Dave Aranda was introduced to the public on Tuesday and there was also some intriguing news about another member of Les Miles’ staff.
Here are five things to know today:
- Dave Aranda was welcomed to the Bayou in a Tuesday press conference. Read what he had to say about coming to LSU and his defensive philosophy.
- In other LSU coaching news, Les Miles said the school was working on a new contract for offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.
- LSU defensive line coach Ed Orgeron has coached his share of excellent defensive linemen. Orgeron said freshman Arden Key could be the best out of all of them.
- It was a great night for LSU basketball also. The Tigers knocked off No. 9 Kentucky 85-67 in Baton Rouge, La. last night.
- LSU senior tight end Dillon Gordon was stabbed in an off-campus bar incident. His injuries were not life-threatening.
Other LSU news from around the Internet
- Check out the news and notes from a busy day in Baton Rouge, La., from The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger.
- Miles hopes Aranda can revamp LSU’s defense and help the program advance in 2016.
The best stories around the SEC
- A Clemson linebacker didn’t put much stock into the fact that Alabama was favored to beat the Tigers in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game.
- Texas A&M’s president gave coach Kevin Sumlin a vote of confidence on Tuesday.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney admitted he idolized a former Alabama coach.