3 things every LSU fan needs to know today
It was a quiet Thursday for the Tigers as they prepared to take on Eastern Michigan Saturday evening. Here’s what every LSU fan needs to know today.
- Take a gander at the best Les Miles quotes of the week. Miles had some candid comments about the Leonard Fournette debate, and taught an interesting geography lesson about Eastern Michigan.
- LSU’s game against Syracuse last weekend drew the best television ratings on ESPN. Viewers were treated to the Fournette show, as he ran for 244 yards and two touchdowns last Saturday.
- ESPN’s Todd McShay spoke highly of Fournette’s draft potential. The sophomore will not be eligible to declare for the NFL draft until after the 2016 college season, but pro scouts are already salivating about Fournette’s ability.
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Sheldon Mickles wrote about LSU’s strong depth along the defensive line, thanks to formerly prized recruits, Greg Gilmore and Frank Herron.
- Gannett’s Glenn Guilbeau speculated that the Eastern Michigan game moves LSU one step closer to playing Miles’ alma mater, Michigan. Guilbeau said a contest against the Wolverines would be a marquee matchup for LSU faithful.
- NOLA.com’s Ron Higgins said Fournette shouldn’t be rushed into the NFL. Higgins believes Fournette knows he won’t be sitting out in 2016.
Best stories around the SEC
- Arkansas and Tennessee had quite a Twitter skirmish leading up to their game this weekend.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban helped players take the NFL’s Wonderlic test.
- 3 South Carolina starters will miss Saturday’s game against Missouri.