Here’s to a good week, Tigers fans. LSU certainly made the weekend a good one thanks to a convincing 45-24 victory over South Carolina. This weekend brings a big test to Death Valley. The No. 8 Florida Gators come to town with plenty of momentum and will present LSU with its toughest challenge of the season. Here’s what every LSU fan needs to know today:
- LSU moved up one spot in the Associated Press poll. The Tigers are now ranked No. 6 in the country and are remain the highest ranked team in the SEC.
- Kirk Herbstreit has one SEC team in his College Football Playoff predictions. Can you guess who it is?
- Check out what former LSU players said about the Tigers during Saturday’s game. Could LSU be changing its motto from “DBU” to “RBU?”
Other LSU stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger broke down some of LSU’s biggest plays and explained how the Tigers were able to beat the Gamecocks in his latest film room session.
- NOLA.com’s Randy Rosetta wrote about Leonard Fournette having a chapter dedicated to him in the Pulitzer prize winning author’s newest book about LSU.
- Rosetta also took a look at wide receiver Travin Dural’s right place, right time touchdown pass that turned the tide in Saturday’s game.
Best stories around the SEC
- Need something to get your week started on the right note? Check out the biggest hits from last weekend’s games, including a hit that didn’t take place during a game.
- This week’s version of SEC Haters included jabs at the SEC East and Mark Richt.
- Despite starting the season as a top 10 team, UGA has fallen out of the Associated Press poll’s top 25.
— Ross Dellenger (@DellengerAdv) October 11, 2015