3 things every LSU fan needs to know today
LSU will be welcoming the No. 8 Florida Gators to Baton Rouge, La., on Saturday. But the Tigers will be facing a Gators squad coming off a tumultuous week of preparation, as Florida quarterback Will Grier will reportedly serve a season long suspension (pending an appeal) for the use of a banned substance.
Here are three things to know:
- Coach Les Miles said he didn’t expect Florida’s passing game to change much with Grier out. He said the Gators have enough talent to field a capable quarterback.
- Saturday’s game marks the fourth consecutive week that the Tigers will face a backup quarterback. Linebacker Lamar Louis thinks destiny may be on LSU’s side.
- Leonard Fournette said he was confident he would get past South Carolina’s pursuing defensive backs during his 87-yard touchdown run. Not many people catch up to Fournette.
Other SEC stories from around the Internet
- The Advocate’s Scott Rabalais wrote about another odd twist in the developing saga that is LSU’s 2015 season.
- The Advocate’s Ross Dellenger pointed out that the Grier situation is just more of the same for LSU.
Best stories around the SEC
- Here’s everything you need to know about South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier’s sudden retirement.
- Former Texas A&M wide receiver Thomas Johnson has been arrested and charged with murdering a jogger Monday morning.
- Check out all the details on Will Grier’s suspension and who the Gators will turn to for Saturday’s game against LSU.
— Ross Dellenger (@DellengerAdv) October 12, 2015